Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The New Year

Happy New Year, faithful followers! I have a New Year's resolution to share with you: 1280 x 1024, same as last year. 
Nfvvrik
 Sorry, a little geek humor there... 

Last year (2012) I resolved to post three days a week. I mostly succeeded. Some weeks I posted more than that, some I missed completely. I had a guest blogger for a time, and took some time off around the holidays. But I call 2012 a success.

For 2013, I'm keep that three-post-a-week goal, but I'm adding to it. Here are some things you can look forward to from my blog in this new year:

  • I'm going to tag all previous posts so the site is easier to search. At the moment, it's impossible to search, even for me, the all-powerful creator. Tagging will help.
  • Bring in more guest speakers. Melody Steiner was awesome. She's agreed to come back, but I'm looking for more. If you're interested, leave me a comment or shoot me an email message and I'll be overjoyed to hear from you.
  • Google Analytics tells me the most popular posts from 2012 were regarding personality disorders (characterization) and the business of writing (query letters, agents, etc). I'm going to try to focus more on these topics in 2013. I'll still post on other topics, and as I love to blog in series, you can bet I'll still work my through my favorite books on craft and passing that along to you.
  • I'm going to try adding more photos to my posts. I understand that helps readers feel connected. Or maybe they just like looking at something other than words. I'm not sure what the appeal is, but all the blogs I read on "improving your blog" say to put photos into each post. So I'll work on that. 

That should keep me busy for 2013. If you have suggestions on topics you'd like me to blog about, feel free to let me know. I'm always open to suggestions. 

On a personal note, this year I'm going to finish writing my ninth novel, try extra-hard to finally find an agent, and hopefully sign a contract before the end of the year to see one of my book in print. I'm going to home school my kids in the manner they've become accustomed, keep my house from collapsing under the weight of dust, and try out some new recipes. I'm going to lose a little weight and therefore improve my health. I'm going to re-design my office/craft room for maximum efficiency. And to top it off, I'm going to learn to be content with all that God's given me. I have a great life, and I'm going to enjoy it this year!

Do you have resolutions for this year? Care to share? I love hearing from ya'll. I think I've said that before...

-Sonja

No comments: