Friday, August 30, 2013

Office Remodel Stifles Work-in-Progress

Here it is Friday, and I don't have something fun, witty, or interesting to share. You'd think that'd be impossible, yet here I sit, calm and relaxed, with nothing new to impart. So I'll tell you a bit about my week and make this a nice, quick read for you.

I'm remodeling my office. It started as a heroic effort to clean it up, but suddenly I'm looking at the bare stud walls and thinking how nice it would be if I had real walls with paint on them. The new paint scheme is creamy vanilla and cadet blue, and I LOVE it. Unfortunately, you can tell I did the mudding/taping by myself. But I can live with that--a few strategically hung pictures and the evidence disappears. I have most of my belongings back in my office now, and I'm stowing my crafting supplies in another part of the basement. All that's left is to clean up the school room (as we were supposed to start school this week, but I managed to blow that one by a mile).


Here's my ceiling-impared office with it's new walls and mostly-uncluttered desktop. You might not be able to see, from this horrible photo, that I'm a geek-girl with my Star Trek Barbie and Ken prominently displayed on the upper shelving. As I have three boys, I'm entitled to a Barbie or two (or six) in my personal space. 

Now that it's complete, I have no more excuses for not writing. What are some clever excuses for not writing that you've come up with lately? What's the status of your current work-in-progress? 

-Sonja


No comments: