Thursday, January 9, 2014

Meaningful Reference Library

On her January 6 blog, Kristen Lamb posted The Writer's Guide to a Meaningful Reference Library. It's a list of awesome books on the craft of writing, including everything from structure and plot to building believable characters to social media. I own many of the books on the list she offers, and I agree that they are essential to any writer's resource library. Head over and check out the list. Pay special attention to The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi. I just bought this book a couple months back and I use it constantly.

Are there any books in your reference library that aren't on Kristen's list? I have Character Naming Sourcebook by Sherrilyn Kenyon that I frequently use, and Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey (it's about personalities, and I use it for character creation). I have quite a few others that aren't on Kristen's list, but I'd like to see what's in your reference library that you rely on. Please share.

-Sonja

No comments: